Introducing the Marie Skirt
Who is Marie?
Released in December 2019, the Marie Skirt is the second pattern for Honey & Rose and the first skirt pattern. I named the Marie Skirt after my mother’s mother, she was a woman of the small stage, and had a spectacular voice and was a wonderful piano player. She moved up the coast to Coffs Harbour around (what feels like) the time I started playing piano. I would always practice to play for her when we would visit and she would always sing along. During my time she always lived near the beach or water and I wanted to create a pattern to reflect the times when we would visit her – comfortable, classy and fun.
About the Pattern
The Marie Skirt is a 7 piece gored skirt with large inseam pockets and a centre back zipper opening. Perfect for use with lightweight and mid-weight fabrics such as rayon, viscose, cotton, poplin, cotton voile, cotton lawn and linen.
During the testing process, a few of the ladies found that a narrow waistband sat on their waist better so I have included two waistband heights to choose from, a wide waistband with a finished size 5cm / 2” finished height) or narrow (2.5cm / 1” finished height).
There are also two skirt lengths to choose from as well. One which sits on or just below the knee with a finished length ranging from 55.5m to 59.5cm. The other sits approximately 10cm/4” above the knee with a finished length ranging from 45.5m to 49.5cm, depending on the size. Although you can easily hack the pattern yourself to change the length!
And to top it off, it has pockets – who doesn’t love pockets?!
The Marie Skirt pattern includes:
- Full colour photograph instructions (17 pages, including instructions on how to assemble the PDF pattern)
- Overlocking/zigzag steps to give your skirt a professional finish
- Instructions are grouped by task for smooth workflow and efficiency
- Drafted from my block and based on Australian sizing, PDF pattern files include sizes 8-16 and 16-24 (see sizing chart) suitable to print on A4 or US Letter (24/28 pages)
- A0 copyshop/large format printing version also included so you have the option to print at your local copyshop instead of at home and without needing to tape pages together
- Copyshop/large format permission letter
Where to Buy
The Marie Skirt PDF pattern is available to purchase for download on the Honey & Rose Etsy store https://www.etsy.com/shop/HoneyAndRoseDesigns. The product page also includes the size chart, finished garment measurements and fabric length requirements.